Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Strength for Today and Bright Hope for Tomorrow

Great Is Thy Faithfulness written by: Thomas O. Chisholm, inspired by Lamentations 3:22,23
vs3: "Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth, Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide. Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow-Blessing all mine with ten thousand beside!
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand hath provided-Great is Thy faithfulness Lord unto me!"

I love hymns. They have so much truth, promise and encouragement in them. I think about this hymn a lot, well I sing it a lot too. It reminds me that the Lord gives me the strength I need for the day. I daily pray and ask the Lord for His strength-because I know that mine is insufficient for for my tasks. Days when I am tired (which are pretty often) I know I can make it to the end of the day because My God is faithful to supply me with His strength. This brings to mind another hymn; Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.
So if you are tired today pray that the Lord will give you His strength- it is more that sufficient. And let us not forget the chorus; "Great is Thy faithfulness! ALL I have needed Thy hand hath provided-Great is Thy faithfulness Lord unto ME! We truly have a faithful God who loves us individually and personally. How blessed we as believers are to fully rest in the Lord and have bright hope for tomorrow.
Thank you Lord that you provide the strength I need for my day.
Thank you that you are so faithful to me.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Good post, Jessie! I found such encouragement from it this morning. I am tired today, but the Lord's strength IS sufficient, and He provides it just when we need it. ALL I have needed...

MagenRanae said...

Thank you for reminding me of that hymn! What an encouragement it was as I'm sitting up at 12:30am trying to get things done. :)

Scott and Lynn said...

We love to fill our lives with music! So many times I find myself singing as I work - makes it much easier and more enjoyable :) It's very thrilling too, when you catch your kids doing the same thing!

Anonymous said...

WHAT???