Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kids Club & a Story

Last night we started Kids Club at our Chapel. We had a good turn out of eleven kids including Ben, who is offiically too young but his parents are helping so what can you do?The ages are 5-12 but Chapel kids are the exception :)
Scott was the speaker and he spoke to the kids from Luke 18:15-17. About the parents bringing their children to Jesus, and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, "Permit the children to come to Me," One of Scott's points was, 'Sometimes grownups make it hard' the disciples were making it hard for the children to come to Jesus. But salvation is not hard, Jesus made it easy to come to Him. Believe and Receive-those were two key words Scott impressed upon the kids. He did a great job the kids listened and had a lot of fun. We are looking forward to the rest of the year, and Lord willing more kids.
I give this introduction because I have a sweet retelling of Benny today. I was talking to Benny last night and this morning about how God loves Him, and made him just the way he is, and how God knows all the hairs in his head and the words he is going to speak. So, on with my story :)
Ben got a nerf gun yesterday with two arrows aka "shooters" and he happily played with it all day and lost one of his two "shooters". Today he started looking for the lost one and said to me,
"I have an idea mom, how about we pray and ask God to help us find the shooter." And so he prayed and asked God to help him find it and walked around the house asking,
"Is God helping me?" I said yup, and then five minutes later he found it! He was very excited and then prayed and thanked God for helping him find it. So sweet! I had to share it.

4 comments:

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

what a precious story, jessie! you are such a good mother. :) i enjoyed talking to you the other night too! sorry we don't do it more often! looking forward to our sleepover in a couple of months! :) love you!

Grant and Jodie said...

amazing...what a precious boy. exactly why i can't wait to be a mother

Jessie said...

Jodie, you will be an amazing mom. I am very excited to see her soon :) you need to post another baby belly picture.

Melissa Gail said...

Thanks for much for sharing! I'm glad I found you guys on here and am super excited to hear the Kids Club has started up : ) I'm praying for all the kids that come!